Saturday 5 September 2009

Finally!!

We just got the internet last night! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Being without internet for the last 2 weeks in a very different country has been quite hellish! There has just been soooooooooooo much I have wanted to post about. So basically I will be posting everyday about everything that has happened so far here in Brunei so you can all catch up. (I really just wanna show off the pictures and make you all feel jealous! muhahahaha...........)

Anyways.............I will start with...

Departure
We departed from Manchester Airport on the 19th of August and landed in Heathrow airport where we spent a night and then flew on the 20th to Brunei. EVERYONE turned up. I would have put up pictures but there are people (cough tayyaba cough) looking extra special in some of them and I know they would really kill me so lets just say loads of people turned up. Very emotional goodbyes and all that.

(As you can see this was yusuf mid-way crying)


(All that crying- very tiring)

Our luggage checked in fine- 20.4kg which I was very impressed with! What I wasn’t impressed with was the fact they didn’t even weigh our hand luggage! I could have taken so much more stuff (like my Twilight books- damn you RBA!) after that everything was pretty much plain sailing. The aeroplane journey however was just a killer. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo long! The stopover in Dubai was a god send! Although we didn’t get to see much of Dubai- just their OTT airport which I wasn’t too impressed with really- slightly tacky but there you go! The food wasn't half bad either although this isn't that great a shot of it...........



I know this post doesn't contain any pictures of Brunei but patience- the next post will have loads. For now enjoy the weather wherever you are. We're just on the way to the beach.......

No comments: