Tuesday 1 June 2010

HOLIDAYS!!!!!!! (but this is just a general update of what went on BEFORE the holidays)

So we are currently on holiday for a week (only 5 more weeks after that and then we're back in England!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!) and we thought we'd finally explore Brunei. We actually haven't done any of the touristy sightseeing things because we've been in Miri or KK for the holidays but this time we thought no we'll stay put and do Brunei (well we didn't have a choice really. The school have our passports as they are sorting out the employment/visa passes and we still haven't got ours back. Just as long as we get them back before the summer holidays...........)

But before I update on what we are doing for the holidays I thought I'll quickly fill you in on what has been going on.

Yusuf took part in his second assembly at school and I must say it was much better than the first.


He had a few speaking parts and he did really well (surprised me!). I was very proud of him.


The play was called Two Can Toucan (as their theme for the term had been the Jungle) and Yusuf was one of the animals. I actually have no idea what animal he was because he told me he was supposed to be a zebra but then that turned into a dragon on the day and after it he said he was a unicorn...........



After the assembly they made the parents stand up and do this dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugeztWg-RCI&feature=related. It was hilarious! (We were actually allowed to dance! No seat dancing!!!) Me and Gwen had such a fun time!

Speaking of Gwen (see the way I did that.......) she won $10,000 from HSBC!!!!! I was insanely jealous until she asked me if I would like to come with her to collect it because she actually thought it was a hoax at which point I was even more jealous that I was gonna see her hold this massive $10,000 cheque-only joking Gwen!! (not really). Only 3 people won $10,000 so it was a huge deal. I was very happy for her and she was over the moon.


Well that's the update. I need to sort and edit about 200 pictures from the Royal Regalia Museum and the Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque that we went to visit today for the next post so it might be a while........hope your all enjoying your holidays (if you have them) x

No comments: