Friday 4 December 2009

An update.......

It has been a while since I updated the blog so I thought I'll fill u in on whats been going on. I cant finish the previous post on Ulu Temburong Park as I have yet to get the rafting pictures off Salome. So since the last post:

We went to a fish market and bought a crab which I became best friends with and too emotionally attached. So much so that I was nearly in the car, driving to the nearest beach to release the poor thing when Zaheer bunged it into a pot of boiling water. I cried. It was unbearable. And it was bloody hard trying to get the meat out! Crab sticks for me from now on me thinks...........

(Before)
(After- notice the presentation skills for the photo)

Yusuf had his very first assembly! (Not counting the nativity play last year..........) His line was, 'We made rock cakes'. So I'm sitting there with my camera in video mode when the boy standing next to him snatches the microphone and says the line! And it takes Yusuf a second to realise whats happened, opens his mouth to speak and the microphone is passed along! I felt really bad for him and worst of all its all on video! Many happy years of embarrassment to come......including his wedding.........I won't post it because that is just too tight.



I put mehndi on. This was only so I could feel like it was gonna be Eid tomorrow and not another day of lazing about in the sun on the beach.......


We went to Miri, Malaysia. Its a 2 hour drive to the border and then half hour into the town centre. It was refreshing to be out of Brunei and enjoy a change in scenery. The night life was really quite bizarre but an experience nonetheless. They don't have clubs but bars (alcohol is allowed here) but no ones talking in the bars because they have a karaoke machine with the speakers on the loudest volume possible with some drunk guy singing in Malay! It was quite funny and the people are friendly enough but we kinda got a headache and just had to leave. Like I said, an experience but probably one which I wouldn't do again.




On the way home we decided to go to a crocodile farm. It was pretty amazing. There were so many crocodiles all over each other cus the pits were just too small. The condition the animals were kept in was pretty bad but I suppose its the way here. Overall it was a really good holiday and a really good Eid.




1 comment:

smileyculture said...

Omg that croc farm looks wired, what's the sole purpose?
Just to eat them? Wieeeeeerd!!!
Love the henna and I LOVED the yusuf story aaaaaawwwwww!!!