Monday 7 June 2010

Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque

After the Royal Regalia Museum we decided to go and visit the Mosque. I have seen it every time we have been to Bandar but never actually went inside so I thought it was the perfect time. I remember as a child we had a picture of this very mosque in our house and I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be seeing it for real. It was just amazing. (You can click on the pictures for a larger view.)


To get to the Mosque we went past the Water Village.


and directly opposite was this view:


This Mosque is just stunning. We will be going back to it in the evening some time as the lights are on then and its just spectacular.



(This is in the boat opposite the Mosque)







This was one of my favourite trips in Brunei. It is during times like these that I wish I could stay here forever. It really is a beautiful, magical place and I feel incredibly lucky and grateful for the opportunity to be here and experience it all.

No comments: