Tuesday 14 July 2009

Trial Pack

Today was the Day Of The Trial Pack that Zaheer insisted we do. I wasn't looking forward to this for 2 reasons:

1. The amount of mess it was gonna create (anyone who knows me knows I have slight OCD about certain 'mess' situations like the bed not being made, stuff lying around on the bed, etc)

2. I had a hell of a lot of stuff and did not want to go through the trauma of deciding which things I should take and which I should leave.

So after a mini breakdown mid-morning (it all got too much plus it delayed the trial pack a bit), collecting Yusuf from nursery and going town to buy some luggage, the Trial Pack started.

Royal Brunei Airlines are really mean when it comes to the weight of the luggage- 20kg suitcases and 7kg hand luggage which is nothing if you're relocating to a country on the other side of the world! So we had to find some really really lightweight luggage and try and fit everything into them or ring a Manchester based company called Marcos (although why they have an Italian name I don't know since the guy on the phone clearly sounded like a Pakistani and am pretty sure the company is run by a Pakistani since they are based in Cheetham Hill) who do air freight for £3 a kg which is the cheapest I have found so far.

Anyways, the lightest luggage we found were from Argos for £5.85!!!!



They are cheap and nasty but they hold soooooooooooo much stuff its brilliant. We bought 3 of them for us all plus I had another cheap hand luggage case from Primark weighing in at 1.5 kg, Zaheer has got a rucksack (1kg) and Yusuf has got the most amazing little Scooby Doo trolley case (for which I am secretly extremely jealous about and am thinking of ways I could steal it).



Well 3 hours later I discovered that absolutely everything I wanted to take fits into the 20kg holdall!!! I was so amazed I made Zaheer weigh it 3 times to make sure! Of course Zaheer and Yusuf each had only 10kg of stuff and after noticing me standing there with more stuff I could take (but wouldn't really use) proceeded to stuff their holdalls with all sorts of crap to make sure I couldn't use their allowance! (I have my ways..........muahahaha.....)

Overall a very stressful day but very happy that it is (a) over and done with and (b)
we don't need to ring Marcos! Happy days! ;-D

No comments: