Tuesday 2 February 2010

Kota Kinabalu Part 5

This was the trip to Lok Kawi Wildlife Park.


What I loved about this zoo was that it was quite small but that meant you were very close to the animals. As soon as we walked in we saw this elephant and just had to have a ride. We were concerned about all of us being on it at the same time but it didnt bother the elephant at all. It was amazing to be able to feel the elephant and touch it and be that close to it.



After the ride it was feeding time for the elephants. Again this was an experience because the elephants came right up to you and took the fruit.


Baby elephant- reminded me of Dumbo!


There was an animal show on involving an orangutan and 2 parrots. We missed the orangutan but the parrots one was really cute. Very clever birds. Here's Zaheer taking part in one of the tricks.


The famous proboscis monkey:

I love this shot of the orangutan- it actually posed that way. Really unnerved me how human the eyes looked.


The family portrait (and yes Yusuf was terrified- i think his face says it all)


The botanical gardens


Yes it was THAT hot!! (the cardy kept me from being bitten to death)


I got really excited seeing the tigers for 2 reasons- 1) in Chester Zoo I NEVER saw the tigers cus they were always hiding and 2) we saw them being fed! It was really good!



Finally the bird sanctuary. Beautiful eagle.


You will also be pleased to know (I know I am!) the next post will be the final post on this holiday. I'd kinda forgotten how much we'd done!

1 comment:

smileyculture said...

LMAO! That family portrait could have so many different captions! lol, ;D