Sunday 25 October 2009

Fish Spa

I recently found out from a friend that there existed a Fish Spa near us (in Gadong) and that it was a really good, calming experience so I thought why not? It was one of those crazy things I'd heard about in the UK on the news but never thought I'd be doing it myself. It cost $15 for half an hour which was quite cheap. We went with some friends of ours who had never done it either. To be honest I was really nervous cus just the thought of some living thing nibbling at my feet was too much! So we arrived at the place and saw these fish:






They looked pretty enough! We were given a towel to wipe our feet then slowly immerse them in the water. It was really weird! For the first five minutes I just kept taking my feet out because you really do feel them bite- not hard but enough to make you feel slightly uncomfortable. Zaheer just couldn't cope cus he felt so ticklish but after a while I got used to it and it is really calming. However we didn't notice any difference at the end (our feet were not smooth!) but I think it was more for the experience than anything. Another thing to tick off the list! We also found out as we were leaving that they do a FULL BODY fish spa! Now that would take a hell of a lot of guts!

No comments: