Friday 31 December 2010

Christmas Recap

Hello people! Yes I am well aware it has been absolute ages since I last posted and its because I am incredibly lazy. No other excuse.

Hope you all had a good Christmas and and have a very happy and joyous New Year. We had a nice, relaxed Christmas that started off with with Yusuf's year at school. They had a Christmas party after which they made some decorations and then performed Jingle Bell Rock for us. It was the sweetest thing ever and Yusuf did us all proud!



We also went to the school staff party which was a lot of fun and very enjoyable. The live band was especially good.

I decided to make home made mince pies this year (the pastry was home made- not the mince!) and they turned out surprisingly well though I think I put far too much filling in them. It said 1tsp NOT 1tbsp. They were delicious because of it so overall a good mistake! Yusuf decided to come into the kitchen at the last minute to hold the tray so it looks as if he did the entire thing himself. Not the case. He put one star on. That was it.



Christmas Day and Yusuf was the happiest boy in the entire universe. He has been begging us since last Christmas when he realised he wasn't that into Lego any more (after we spent a bloody fortune on a sabre tooth tiger set) that he wanted a Ben Ten Omnitrix (what the hell does that even mean??) watch. So we had to. I mean it just meant so much to him that he was creating them out of paper and cello-tape. I felt sorry for him. So we picked one up in KK and wrapped it up. Of of course he knew he had a Ben Ten watch under the tree but he just couldn't wait to unwrap it. This was the whole process- watch the face:





I got an unexpected present from Yusuf which really touched me. Turned out it was dark chocolate! My little boy really does know me well (Zaheer take note....)

We had a full on Christmas meal which was a pleasanter experience than last years and the food was delish! We watched loads and loads of Chrismassy films like Home Alone, The Snowman, The Gruffalo, and Elf. It bought back a lot of happy memories.

On the 27th it was our 7th Wedding Anniversary! Zaheer took us all out for lunch at my favourite place in the whole world, Excapade Sushi.



It was the most perfect anniversary because of it! We ate until I really was stuffed and then came home and vegged out in front of the TV (watching Star Wars of all things. I actually thought the films were utter crap and also did not think Darth Vader was going to turn good. I was seriously waiting for him to kill Luke...). I am very lucky to have married such a gorgeous a man!


During these Christmas holidays we also went on a week long holiday to KK, Sandakan and Turtle Island. I was especially looking forward to the Turtle Island and seeing the turtles lay the eggs. Like last time I took a million pictures and do want to share a lot of them so the holiday will be cut up into lots of smaller posts that I will hopefully post during the month of January.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! XXX


No comments: