Sunday 18 April 2010

My Quarter Century Birthday!!

On the 17th of April 1985, the angels started singing, the world stopped turning and an amazing soul came into being- ME!!


Everyone rejoiced (apart from my 1 year old brother) and bought exotic presents from far, far away. Well they didn't really but you get the gist.

Anyways it was my birthday!!! I was sooooooooo excited (I still get disappointed if nobody does anything for my birthday and sulk) and Zaheer knew this so pulled out all the stops and totally spoilt me. I've gotta say it was the best birthday EVER! (Even beat the time me and my brother got them ultra cool sunglasses and thought we were the bomb on our 7th and 8th joint birthday party- his is on the 10th April).

So the day started with my darling husband cooking me breakfast. It was the traditional family special-Zaheer's home made toast, fried eggs, cheesy beans and Earl Grey tea! It was delicious! I did take pictures but it isn't a very pleasant looking breakfast so I'll just describe it instead!

I knew I was in for a very special day because Zaheer washed up! I couldn't believe it! In all our marriage life (8 years in December!) he has never washed up- well maybe once when I was pregnant but still this was amazing (he did forget to wipe down one counter but that was all the work I did on the day).

Yusuf was being ultra cute and announced since it was my birthday it was going to be my day and then proceeded to tell us he was bored and wanted to watch the Princess and the Frog! Since we weren't doing anything and nothing else was on in the cinemas (and we were told the prince looked like Zaheer) we decided to watch it. The Prince totally looked like a younger version of Zaheer- the reason I say this is because the Prince's hair was exactly how Zaheer used to grow his- v funny!

After that we went out to lunch. I wanted sushi but the damn place was closed (on my birthday as well- how dare they!) so we went to another place nearby and had pasta instead.

(can you spot Yusuf's thumb?)


(This milkshake was to die for)

Zaheer needed to get some ingredients for his Prawn Thai Curry that he was going to cook for me tonight so we went shopping. He also wanted to buy a cake for me so we went to the bakery where the Royal Family get their cakes from. The cakes they make are just stunning. They will literally make anyhting you ask them to. We bought a ready made chocolate cake with chocolate ganache. It was very pretty!


Zaheer then took me to my favourite shop ever- the Rainforest Gallery. I love everything they sell in this shop and Zaheer just said 'You have a $100 budget- buy whatever you want'. I nearly died! I actually asked him twice if he said $100?? So I bought these earrings,


this bracelet,

(how it sparkles!!)

and another bracelet. I was soooooooo happy!

We then went home where Zaheer started cooking and I watched the latest episode (episode 14!!) of Glee. A couple of my friends, Simi and Salome came round and gave me a huge box labelled 'Survival kit for Brunei'.

(PRESENTS!!!!)

There was a lot of funny stuff in there and it was so nice of them to have thought of everything and put it together. Got a lot of giggles out of me! Amongst other things, they bought me this necklace that I had seen in the Rainforest Gallery and had just told Simi how pretty it was and she bought it! That is what you call a good friend! (and no I didn't do it on purpose and I wasn't dropping hints!)

(PRESENTS!!! LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURVE IT)

And then it was cake time!




The cake was heavenly! The presents were beautiful and the company was brilliant! It really was a very special birthday! I was missing my family so so much (especially my mums brown rice that she always cooked on our birthdays!).

Thank you so much to my darling husband for making my day perfect, my little monkey Yusuf for just generally being a monkey and to all my friends (for their presents- joking!) for being there to celebrate with me.

Now I've gotta start planning Yusuf's 5th birthday (on the 30th April) and Zaheer's 30th (on 21st June)! Fun times ahead!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

too cute.

MrsW said...

Ah well Happy (belated) Birthday!!! It looks like you had an absolutely fab day!

That cake looked superb (from Bakerlyn??) - and the presents... yum!

(I've actually not been to the Rainforest Gallery yet, ever, shame on me! Seems like I've missed something!?)

But - you're but a baby!! 25?? Oaw..!

(And, I still would like to know how you get the rounded corners on all your photos? Is that a setting here on blogspot?)

Anyway - Happy quarter-century!
/B

Booyah said...

That cake looks amazing. And look at all the sparklies!

I'm so glad you had a lovely birthday. I hope your 25th year is more magical than 0-24 combined!