Tuesday 10 November 2009

International Day at JIS 2009

This is one of the biggest events at JIS and is usually a very busy day with parades for the kids, food stalls, talks and speeches for the Middle and Upper Schools and a concert at the end.

(Yusufs is the fourth one in from the right- the yellow one!)

You are basically asked to wear something that represents your country. Since the UK doesn't really have a national dress, I wore my Shalwar Kameez. We miraculously managed to find a Sherwani for Yusuf but none for Zaheer who had to go in wearing a shirt and trousers!

(Me and Yusuf dressed the part)

(Zaheer being boring!)

The day begins with a parade for the kids. This is where the classes in the Junior School go up on to the stage and introduce all the different Nationalities. My favourite costume for the UK was a boy dressed up as Ozzy Osbourne. It was brilliant! He even had the guitar and hair! Unfortunately I couldn't take any pictures of him but trust me it was one of the best costumes!

(Two of my favourite costumes are in this picture- the ninja (who must have been boiling in that suit) and the leprechaun! He really made me laugh!)

(Yusuf's turn to do the parade)

(Yusuf's class- Reception Fish)

(Yusuf looking gorgeous!)

After this the kids can go have a look at all the diffrent stalls that are set up and enjoy the events that are held throughout the day.

(China stall- all the kids got a spinning drum, it was brilliant!)

(Gurkha Martial Arts event- most impressive!)

It was a really fun day. I am trying to decide now what/who I should dress up as next year.........

No comments: